Great news! The Government has just announced the Small Business Adaption Grant Program.
WHAT DOES THIS MEAN?
The program aims to support small businesses that have been impacted by restrictions put in place by the Queensland Government in response to coronavirus (COVID-19).
This initiative will assist small and micro businesses to:
– Prepare for the safe return of business as usual
– Generate and retain employment
– Access digital technologies to adjust to a new way of operating
– Respond to online opportunities
– Upskill and reskill employees and business owners to benefit from new technologies
SO HOW MUCH FUNDING IS AVAILABLE?
The available grant amount is a maximum of $10, 000 per eligible small or micro business. This funding can be used for any of the following:
– Legal, financial or other professional advice to support business sustainability
– Financial counselling, business coaching or strategic planning associated with business development
– Marketing and communication activities (e.g. website pages, audio media and audio media, etc) to build business
– Technological/digital strategy development
– Digital training/re-training to adapt to new business models
– Costs associated with meeting COVID-19 SAFE requirements
– Specialised digital equipment/business-specific software to move business operations online
– Meeting business costs (including utilities and rent)
WHO IS ELIGIBLE?
To be eligible for this grant, a business must:
– Have been subject to closure or significantly impacted by Government enforced COVID-19 restrictions
– Have suffered a substantial loss in revenue since the 23rd of March 2020 (when restrictions were announced), over a minimum of a one-month period as a result of COVID-19 management
– Employ fewer than 20 employees at the time of applying for the grant
– Have a valid Australian Business Number (ABN)
– Be registered for GST
– Have a headquarter in Queensland
– Have an annual turnover of $75, 000 for the last financial year
– Have a payroll less than $1.3 million
– Not be insolvent or have directors/owners that are an undischarged bankrupt
Successful applicants are not able to reapply for funding under this grant program.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply for the Small Business Adaption Grant Program, a detailed outline of how the business intends to use this funding must be provided. This includes timelines, descriptions of activities, quotes for services, how the funding will contribute to the business and expected revenue within 12 months of receiving funding.
If you wish to apply for this grant and would like to include digital marketing as part of your COVID-19 recovery strategy, contact our friendly team today for a quote! A few of our many services that may be useful to you in this time include:
– Website development and edits
– Ecommerce – getting your retail store on-line
– One-on-one training and strategy sessions
– Team training in Social Media or SEO – in person for Hervey Bay locals or Zoom calls for others
– Online marketing video consult and action plan
To view all of our services, Click Here.
To learn more or apply for the Small Business Adaption Grant Program, Click Here.